Thursday, May 22, 2014

GP in her Blue Jeans :)

I am en route to New Orleans with the bestie!!

The first lovely lady taking over my blog for a day while I'm gone is Miss Krista over at Kristie's Blue Jeans. I love this girl, and hopefully you'll learn to love her, too!! :)

---------------------------

Hey Y'all, I am Krista from Kristie's Blue Jeans.  I guess you could call me a lifestyle blogger as I do random ramblings about things going on in my life and different stories from my past that I find hilarious or thought provoking.  Ellie has been kind enough to give a guest post spot while she is away.  I hope you enjoy it :)

Lately I have had quite a few people inquire about my single status and frankly I find it annoying.
Sometimes a girl likes the independence of being single
Sometimes we have only dated total jerks
& Sometimes it just isn't in the cards.


I always try to be gracious, but here are my true feelings and the thoughts I want to share with these people, who I am not sure really care, but are rather picking out something they find to be a flaw within me.



Why am I single? Currently I am single because I had a man that I truly loved, rip my heart out and if that wasn't enough he proceeded to shred it along with my dignity and self worth.  Sure, my dignity and self worth are not worth him and yes they are back, however that bruise to my ego has me on hiatus until I feel ready to get back out there.  When a girl has a deep connection to a guy, it doesn't go away just because he left!


Do I like being single? It has it's perks.  I love embracing my single status.  I can plan trips, go places, not wear pants, be a total dork, not have to worry about hiding my DVR selections, not wash my hair for seven five days (because sometimes that just sounds like too much work), have girl's nights, wine nights (and days), watch Jeopardy without competition.

 Do I want to get married? Heck, I don't even know!  Half the time I can't even decide on a menu item without changing my mind at least twice.


Kids? Please. Don't. Ever. Ask. That! As  you can see some of my thoughts are not especially nice nor rude.  I just don't understand how some people think all people want is a relationship. 


What would you like to tell people who always ask about your relationship status?  photo 2af5a650-c916-47a4-ab47-49116f0dc332.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Love all the images, especially the last one about the kids. Great post and here is what I would like to reply to people who want to know if I met anyone: did you hAve sex last night? If you ask me a personal question, I get to do the same -:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista KetterhagenMay 27, 2014 at 2:51 PM

    Oh that is a great idea that i am going to use! What happened to filters? Thank you for stoping by!

    ReplyDelete