You cancel a date with someone else.. that's what happens.
I tweeted that I was going on 2 different dates this week. Well guess what. It's down to one.. and I'm totally okay with this. I have spent hours on the phone with this guy that I'm just falling for minute by minute. I finally get to meet him TOMORROW. I'm dying over here. Counting down hours and shit.
Like snap out of it, Ellie!!
I'm sure you're thinking well what if it doesn't work out? What if the date goes wrong and you need to bail? What if he's a psycho murderer!?!? I'll just have to take my chances.
Here are some ways to pump the brakes.. (read: I like to give advice but most of the time I don't take it, so here's what I've done and maybe you can use it to learn on what not to do).
1. Don't bump your BFF from your top friends on snapchat for this dude. Yup, my sister/best friend has been demoted from my number one spot on snapchat thanks to him..
2. Cut the phone conversations to a maximum 30 minutes. Yesterday alone, I spent a total of 4 hours on the phone with this guy. Endless conversations, no dull moments.
3. Don't ignore your other options (texts, snaps, messages from other guys you've 'met' online). I just am not interested in any of them any more. My bff keeps saying, "You gotta have something to fall back on, keep your options." ..& I'm just like, "I don't wannnnaaaaaaaa"
4. Don't cancel your dates with other dudes. Yeah I'm guilty, get over it. I just wanted to be honest with the other dude and let him know that I have feelings for someone else. I don't like to be lead on so why would I lead him on?
5. Discussing future plans with him is off limits. We had so much to talk about and some how our future dreams and plans came into the conversation... I know that this is a HUGE no-no before you go out with someone.. but it happened.
6. Do NOT bring up past relationships. This is something I'm usually pretty strict about. And I haven't went into detail about my past relationships yet, but he has. That's my fault. I take full blame. I asked him about it and he explained so yea.. I did it.
7. Make yourself less available. I have answered every text/snap/call that he has made in effort to talk to me..almost instantly. I should be more patient and let him wait on my responses. I have not let my phone out of my sight knowing that he'll be texting or calling me soon. This is not healthy.
So yea.. there they are. Everything I've done wrong in my own book. I cannot help the feelings I have for this kiddo. Gahhh why do I do this to myself??
Anywayyy stay tuned, Wednesday I'll have a post describing every detail of how our date went. I really really hope that it goes good. I think it will.