Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mirror Image

I know we all would much rather show off pictures that are flattering. I am very guilty of it. 

It happens to the best of us. . .

But there is a distinct difference in being caught off guard while the camera flashes vs. when you put older pictures of yourself when you looked better than you currently do now.

So you aren't as skinny as you used to be. That's a bummer, but if you want to meet dates in public and you are basically an extra person added onto your profile pictures from the dating site- you're going to get a very odd reaction. 

Accept what you look like & embrace it. If you aren't happy with how you look now then do something about it.. instead of leading people to believe you look like you did 4 years & 100 pounds ago. 
--

(Let's back up)

Just had a guy send me some pics through text and he looked super cute and the whole time I was thinking why is this guy single?! He's adorable! Then I asked him to send me a really recent one....
He literally was about 100 pounds more than the pictures he'd been sending. I would have still messaged him back if that picture was on his profile..because he was still attractive. I like bigger guys. But the fact that he was faking it and showing off old pictures that's kinda like lying ..I think lol. 

What would have happened you ask? If we had met in person and he didn't text that recent pic? How would I react? 

To be honest I would be nice but I probably wouldn't talk to him again. Lying isn't cool. Even if you are just embarrassed or ashamed. . . Lying will never be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment