So, what makes a relationship healthy? I can't help but compare what I have currently to what I've had in past relationships. Obviously, none of the ones in the past have been healthy..or at least good enough to last.
Naturally, I've made a list :)
2. Sincerely Asks About Your Day: Your day is just as important as theirs. If they aren't a little curious as to how you spend your time when they aren't around, then they couldn't care less as to where the relationship is going.
3. Encourages Interactions with Family: Not everyone is family-oriented, but everyone has a family of some form or fashion. Even if their family isn't created by blood connections, they should want you to meet the people who've known them before they met you.
4. Space is Acceptable (& Encouraged): You both should support each others' friendships and be able to take breaks from each other when needed. Space can make a relationship stronger. By both understanding that friend time is important, you'll also add some extra respect.
5. Hobbies Aren't Looked Down Upon: Just because you have an interest that the other person doesn't share, doesn't mean that it isn't important. Even if they don't like to blog, they should still care about your love of blogging. Also, respecting when you feel like you need to dedicate some time to that specific hobby is important.
6. Wants Their Friends to Know You: Not just know that you two are together and what you look like, but they should want their friends to become your friends as well. If you're planning on making it for the long haul, the friends shouldn't go anywhere just because you've become a couple.
7. Trust isn't Questioned: You should both be able to trust each other without wondering if they're going to do something behind your back or betray you. If the thought comes up at all during the relationship, maybe question yourself before you jump to any conclusions. If trust is a frequent issue, maybe you do need to question the relationship.
These are what I have learned. In the past, I've not had healthy relationships. Here's to hoping that this one will continue to stay on the same path it's on now :) Hope this info has helped you!! Let me know what you would add to the list!