Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Priorities

Excuse the recycled post that I hope Nina from The Grand Adventures of Me doesn't mind me reusing :) I figured with the chaos of my schedule and school and my schedule and school and so on and so forth... that maybe I should start scheduling posts! I'm going to try to do more of this at least :)
So here is my post titled Priorities:

He's just not that into you
source
“I had this guy leave me a voice mail at work, and so I called him at home, and he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It’s exhausting.”
-Drew Barrymore in He’s Just Not That Into You

Can I get an amen?!

When you're using online dating as a way to meet a significant other, you've gotta have your priorities in line.
I personally suggest that you have yourself figured out before you start figuring out your perfect guy.

Does he love Jesus?
Is marriage something he wants? If yes, how soon?
Will he be a hopeless romantic by providing that romance you desire?
Does he work in a satisfying career?
Does he value his family?
Was his home-life as a child difficult or easy?
Is he passionate towards something meaningful?

These are all great questions to consider, but you've got to answer same questions for yourself!


Are you in a good relationship with Jesus and will you be able to share that with your date?
Do you want to eventually get married? If yes, when?
Is romance important to you? Do you request every door to be opened and flowers on occasion?
Do you work in a satisfying career or are you doing something (going to school) in order to eventually work in that career?
Do you value your family, and do you want the other person to value theirs?

Was your home-life difficult as a child? If so, would you need some counseling?
Are you passionate towards anything? Would you feel comfortable telling others about it?

We put this HUGE responsibility on the men to hold up their end of the deal, when sometimes we don't even know much about ourselves! Before you begin online dating, or dating in general... make sure you know a general idea of what you want out of the relationship. 

What's most important to you?

Maybe you feel like romance isn't necessarily important compared to family values.
And let's face it, we change our minds as much as we change our underwear (hopefully) and your priorities may change from time to time.
One thing that you should have developed by the age of 20 would be the number one priority. If your number one priority changes multiple times, you may have issues. You've got to have something to build a foundation on. Personally, mine is Jesus. Although, I have from time to time strayed and made bad decisions, He always lets me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment