Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Weekend Plans...

Before I get all emotional on you...I went on a date Saturday and had a pretty good time!! 
So if you wanna skip the sadness just go straight to Saturday.

I'm gonna join in on the weekend recap with one of my fave bloggers, Bella.

Friday:
Phone call at 6:30 a.m. from my mother. I'm sure you know that feeling. I knew exactly why she was calling. My granny had passed away.
I was happy. You may think I sound completely morbid and that I'm a terrible person for being happy that someone died. She was miserable.. in a nursing home for over a year. She was 93-years-old. The woman was seriously the best granny anyone could ask for. Such a sweet woman. Her last couple of months in the nursing home were pitiful. She was on a lot of medication and in so much pain. She had kidney failure about a month ago, and never fully recovered from that.
So yes, I was glad she had passed. First of all: She was a Christian and wasn't afraid to show it. Secondly: she was in so much pain and suffering that she deserved to move on.

Ten minutes after that, I saw a very upsetting Facebook post involving the word 'suicide' ...by my brother. I had to call my mother back immediately to make sure he was alive. Fear couldn't even begin to describe the emotions going through my body. The story behind my brother is a very long emotional one and I don't really want to write about it just yet... I'm not ready okay?!

I didn't get to see my brother face to face until Saturday around lunchtime and I couldn't even speak to him. I knew I would say the wrong thing or say something that would make me break down and cry, and if you knew my brother...that would not work. We did message each other on Friday because I needed to tell him how I felt when I saw his post. His response didn't make the situation any better.

Saturday:
Not much conversation happened between my brother and I that day, and I had already made plans to go on a date with a guy that my friend set me up with (nope, we did NOT meet online!). So off I went.

He was adorable, but ...was shorter than me. He has always lived in the same town and doesn't ever see himself leaving that town. Lives with his parents (25 years old) but can afford a purebred Dutch Shepherd as well as the costs to send her to K-9 training (roughly $3000). The dog was absolutely adorable. I seriously would only date him for the dog!!

We went to dinner, he paid..thank goodness because I am BROKE. Then we went to pick up the dog, and we took her to Lowe's. I needed to go to Lowe's for some supplies that I'm using for Mother's Day, and he likes taking the dog anywhere she's allowed to go. I'm really glad he brought her, otherwise I would've felt kinda weird! After Lowe's we took the dog to a local park and played fetch with her for about an hour until she was worn out. Then..he was tired and ready to go home and I had made plans to go to the Joe that night for some much needed stress relief and friend time. The date only lasted 3 hours..but I had a good time. I just don't think I see myself with this guy.


Displaying photo.JPG
Source: Shoebox Women's Humor Calendar {from my office desk}

He has NO ambition
He lives with his parents
He's shorter than me
He didn't discuss goals/dreams (his nor mine)
My jokes weren't as "funny" as his


Yeah, so another one bites the dust.
Seriously, that's becoming my new theme song hahaha.

Sunday:
EXTREMELY emotional day. Went to church with my family and the sermon hit me like a ton of bricks because the entire message revolved around the situation between my brother and family. Also, I think the birth control I'm on (only been on it for about 4 months) has me SOOOO jacked up emotionally. I'll just sit and cry for NO REASON. It's terrible. Thank God that I have my sister to sit there and let me cry...even when we're in the wal-mart parking lot. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her.

The funeral was that evening, and like I've mentioned before..I was not sad. I didn't cry. I rejoiced, because I knew for a FACT that she was/is in heaven. She is no longer on medications that make her miserable. After the funeral, my family went out to eat and we LAUGHED the entire meal, I'm surprised they didn't kick us out. & On my left sat my brother, who laughed along with us.


That was my weekend. How was yours?



Dateless in Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment