Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Guess what day it is!!!

If you said Hump Day.. well you're right but that's not the answer I'm looking for! 

IT'S DATE DAY!! I have a date, I have a date, I have a date oh yea yea yea!

What I don't have is a nickname picked out for this one.. hmm I may have to ponder a bit. He of course has a beard..duh. As if I'd go out with someone who doesn't? Maybe after tonight's date, I'll have a nickname figured out.


Yesterday, I stumbled upon a post from Forever Twenty Somethings about Getting Ghosted. Just so happens I read that post the same exact day that it happened to me!! Crazy!!!


To sum up what Getting Ghosted means (which probably means you're too lazy to read that article) I'll take a direct quote from the post:
“Ghosted” is how I like to refer to guys being total dick bags and dropping off the face of the earth, without notice or without reason.
- See more at: http://forevertwentysomethings.com/2014/06/10/dating-problem-284690820-getting-ghosted-on/#sthash.TBBuxOLI.dpuf


So, here's what happened to me:

I've been messaging back and forth with a cutie from Tinder and he kept bringing up the idea of hanging out whenever he's in town again. He travels for work but apparently Johnson City is in his path a LOT so he stops here for a few days every once in a while. I was like sure of course yeah why not alright... Then while I was in the gym, he asked, "What are you upto?" 

Me- at the gym & you?
Him- Sweet! I like a girl who works out! Would you mind sending me a pic of you at the gym? 
Me- uhm okay sure, I'm on the treadmill right now so it'll be a few mins before I can take one.

* wtf? why do you want this picture? weirdo *

I sent him a selfie on one of the machines and said:

Me- I'll get another one in just a minute, I feel weird taking pictures at the gym
Him- No worries! 

So then I go over to the side of the gym with the mirrors (free weight area) and take a random picture...Felt so dang awkward haha!

Me- *pic sent* 
read at (5 minutes ago)
Me- is that one okay?
Him- Yeah!

I finish up at the gym and turn my alerts off while I'm listening to music so I don't get distracted anymore. I get home and not a peep from dude.

Me- Whatcha upto?
Him- Just driving around
Me- Sounds like fun..

Nada...

Next morning I send him a Good Morning! text..only because we've said good morning to each other for the past 4 days..my brain was developing a routine Mister.. 

read at 7:47 a.m.

No response so finally I'm like..okay so dude apparently didn't look through my whole damn profile to see my full body pictures that show I am a full-figured woman. I'm not one of those online daters who only show her face to trick dudes onto a date to find out I'm a bigger girl than what they expected. I love my body and I don't care if others don't like it.

So I sent him this:

"Look I don't know if I'm just jumping to conclusions or what happened, but ever since I sent you that picture of me you stopped being so chatty, and I don't want to waste my time. Are you not wanting to talk anymore?"

Not read, no response. He obviously blocked me. I doubt he would've turned off his read receipts right before that message. So whatevs.. deleted out of my phone DOUCHE. 

So yeah. I got ghosted. Whatevvvaaaa. 



I am so excited about this date tonight ..seriously so excited omg omg omg :) 

18 comments:

  1. Well at least you weren't too invested before he showed his true colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know, but just rude ya know. Don't act all interested in what I look like when you didn't even look through the 6 photos on my profile..psh. lame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are lame. Their attention spans even more lame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rude. I agree with Yvonne - at least you didn't waste much time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HATE when this happens! So freaking annoying! I was going through my tinder yesterday and more than half just stopped messaging after awhile. So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krista KetterhagenJune 11, 2014 at 2:24 PM

    Can we go beard hunting together? I have to admit, I have ghosted a few guys. They overly pushy and I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I am sure it is being paid back to me with my bad dating karma, but I just couldn't deal with it anymore. On the other hand, I don't think you were pushy so what is this douche canoe's reasoning?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dickbag. I hope your date goes awesomely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is like uhhh where'd ya go dude? What happened to what ya said about going on a date soon? Very annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guys in general haha! I was chatting with a friend who is in her 50's and she's using online dating...they're the same in her age group as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes!!! PLEASE!! I have ghosted some before as well but usually only after they make stupid sexual references that are extremely inappropriate. No idea what his reasoning was.. I'm thinking he only looked at my display picture and not at my other pictures, then when he saw that he couldn't handle my voluptuous body, he freaked out :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed!! And it did :) I'll be posting about it today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES THEY ARE! & Thanks :) It was good, I'll be posting about it today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO annoying...and weird!!! Hope last night's date went well!! My date last night was postponed. Tonight I have a 2nd date...We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was okay! I posted about it just now :) Good luck on your date tonight!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hands down my biggest pet peeve is when a guy asks me for pictures. And when this happens after he's already met me in person, I'm just like, why??? I'm not your personal model, for one, and you already know what I look like!! UGH! lol good luck on ur date tonight :)

    ReplyDelete