Thursday, June 12, 2014

He's got a nickname

Well, last night was an okay date. Not fabulous, not terrible, just okay.

We met at a little Italian restaurant that I had been wanting to try for a while. We PIGGED out, but it was soooo good. He picked up the check, which was very nice. We had like 2 appetizers and drinks and our meals, so I'm sure it was kinda pricey.. So I offered to pay for the movie afterwards because I didn't want to be a jerk. He's a nice kid, but he just wasn't my type. 

As we we're boxing up our food, I asked him what time our movie started.. his response was, "Oh, I didn't check." Seriously? Come on dude! 

So originally we were going to see the new X-Men movie which I really really really wanted to see. Since it's kind of on it's last run at the theater, there weren't any more showings the rest of the day.. And it being 6:00 we had to make a quick decision. We were limited by our choices because he had to be at work by 10:00 p.m.

We chose A Million Ways to Die in the West

Dumb movie.

I really don't like Seth McFarlene as himself. He is much better at acting as a cartoon character. Of course, like all of his other productions, there were plenty of corny sexual references that made things a little awkward. The only thing I actually busted out laughing at was when Giovanni Ribisi was dancing like he did in Ted:
source
Only he was doing it in a saloon during a line dance.. I was dying. But that was it. Everything else got a little chuckle or air blown through my nostrils.


I'm sure you're dying to know what his nickname is - - -
I've decided to name this kid 'Fingernails'
Gross. I know. But the whole time that's what was driving me crazy!! His fingernails were the perfect length for a french tip manicure!! I was hoping and praying and praying and hoping that he would not reach over to grab my hand during the movie. Thank goodness he didn't!! If it wasn't for the fingernails his nickname would have been Mustang because he drives a VERY nice 2011 Mustang, solid black. If you know me..I really like Mustangs. Sorry dude, your nickname sucks because that's just gross. Clip your dang fingernails...

Well that's my date. I got a very nice free meal out of it with amazing leftovers that I cannot wait to enjoy!


This date doesn't qualify for next week's premier of DATE DISASTERS with Krista :) 
Stay tuned and link up with us!!
 photo 75fb4969-52ad-4fcf-abb6-45c23368a52a_zps42be4662.jpg


17 comments:

  1. Guys who have the long finger nails really gross me out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother used to always keep one long for flicking his cigarette, and I was always so grossed out. It's just icky dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww it just turned me off at the very beginning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gross gross gross grossssss!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I never really understood it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, at least you ate. That's a good thing, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krista KetterhagenJune 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM

    I am dying at the nickname! I can't stand guys with better nails than my own, so I would have been a little grossed out too. I have to admit that more times than not I have started small arguments about paying. I think I can be a little too independent for my own good. That may be why I am still single.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Food is ALWAYS a good thing hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shew I know.. and I honestly was going to offer to pay but he snatched it up pretty quick and before I dumped my leftovers into the box, he had already paid! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh the fingernails. That is not okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahaha. Well, at least you got a nice free meal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fingernails is SO wrong! Yuck!!! I will have to check out my dates fingernails tonight! Thanks for wishing me luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, this definitely was a HUGE no-no for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! It was super yummy and the leftovers were amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES! I KNOW!! Grosssss. Haha I hope your date's fingernails weren't gross!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, is it horrible that fingernails like that would be a dealbreaker for me? x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nope, because ever since this date, I have been really distant and trying to disappear from him hahaha ..deal breaker for sure.

    ReplyDelete