Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer Plans #SBC


As a part of the Summer Blogger Challenge and since last Saturday was the official first day of Summer (Could have fooled me in May!) The #SBC has begun! This week's topic: How are you going to spend your summer.

Well here's the thing:
Weddings
Weddings
Weddings


Oh and let's not forget about the:
Wedding Showers
Wedding Showers 
Wedding Showers

I seriously wish I could host a "Hey I'm single and need you to buy me stuff" Party. It's not my fault that I don't have a man.. well it's possible that it is my fault, but this is my blog, my world so no it is NOT my fault.

I've already had my vacation for the year, and that's when I went to NOLA. I usually try to squeeze in a Beach Vacation, but not this year :*(. I'm really really sad about that. Thanks to my acceptance to Grad School, I will most likely NOT be going to the beach this year. I even thought I could have the chance during fall break, but apparently we don't technically get one because it's only 2 days. Those two days are the days I'm working for my internship and won't be able to get off... fml.

So yeah. I will get a nice little Lake weekend next week for the 4th of July. Our office is closed on Friday and I'll be going to visit family for the 4th and fishing, tanning, swimming, all of the above will be included in that weekend. Let's not forget pigging out on AMAZING food that my family cooks/grills/bakes etc. 

Oh I just love lake days! 

Otherwise, I'll be working through the week.. and maybe have one or two weekends where I won't be helping with a wedding shower or a wedding... maybe just maybe.

&& of course you know maybe I'll find my one true love this Summer. A girl can dream right??

What are you doing this summer? Send me an email if you'd like to be a part of the #SBC group on Facebook :) I'll make it happen!

11 comments:

  1. Oh I want to join! Ain't no rest for the wicked, and by wicked I mean married folk. Wedding season is blowing up in our faces. Thankfully, my wedding season starts in the fall and carries on into the winter. Hashtag precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to host a party where its called I'm single lets buy me things. I too am spending most of my summer at weddings, bridal showers and baby showers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always hard when you get to that age where EVERYONE is getting married. The good news is that someday they'll all be obligated to return the favor for you ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. SERIOUSLY! There are so many wedding things this year! I have a wedding, wedding shower and baby shower in July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not spending my summer at weddings at all, but literally EVERY WEEK someone new is getting married or getting engaged this summer! I've only been on summer break for a month and a half, but I've seen at least a dozen people get hitched/engaged all through social media each week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krista KetterhagenJune 25, 2014 at 9:22 PM

    Thankfully I only have one wedding this summer and the shower is done. If I am not anywhere near engaged by thirty, I am having a raging party- my mom is on board with this plane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed at this one! I just came back from a wedding! I have noticed that it seems like EVERYONE I know from high school is getting engaged or married right now though, it's almost freaking me out! Ah! Good luck on the love front! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I requested you as a member :) I agree this wedding season is killing me this year because all of them are people I want to support. The past couple of years haven't bothered me as much b/c the ppl getting married weren't family or any of my close friends. This year it's different! #imbrokeandcantaffordgifts #canvasforeveryone

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krista KetterhagenJune 26, 2014 at 11:06 AM

    Girl, you know I will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been there girl. I always bought whatever I could afford and then did something really nice for them later, or I bought them something like a colander and then put a pasta dinner inside of it. It's tough though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So.many.weddings!!! I'm pretty comical sometimes ;) And I'm very excited about this summer and my lake weekend :) Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete